• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NO Fuel from my injector pump

tmurph72

Good Afternoon everyone

I just picked up 1985 M1028. i purchased it not running and was told there was a fuel issue. the lift pump is new an is sending pleanty of fuel to the fiter . the filter is new and i am able to bleed it .I am getting fuel to the injectorr pump . i am getting 12 volts to the fuel shut off .
I replaced the injector pump but i am not able to get fule to the injectors . I cycled the key for 10 seconds at least a dozen time and i am getting zero juel to the injector or to the return line.
What am i missing ?

dependable

Listen to the IP when you apply the 12V to fuel solenoid. You should hear a click if solenoid is operational and getting current. If you do hear it, and still no fuel, carefully take off IP (injector pump) top cover and confirm solenoid is moving when activated.

Other than that, you probably need to replace IP. You would not be the first person to buy one that was sold because prevous owner did not want to bother replacing it.

tmurph72

Listen to the IP when you apply the 12V to fuel solenoid. You should hear a click if solenoid is operational and getting current. If you do hear it, and still no fuel, carefully take off IP (injector pump) top cover and confirm solenoid is moving when activated.

Other than that, you probably need to replace IP. You would not be the first person to buy one that was sold because prevous owner did not want to bother replacing it.
its deffantly clicking and i forgot to mention I replaced the injector pump

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks