• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No Lights of any Kind

renovate7

I don't have any lights...headlight, tail, turn signal, dash. Is there a fuse or breaker? I'm hopeing it's something simple before I have to start troubleshooting. Any help appreciated.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did they ever work? Are you using the 3 lever switch correctly? Batteries/charging system ok?

renovate7

I just got this deuce yesterday. New batteries. Buzzer works when ignition switch turned on. Dash gauges work fine when running. Starts right up, just no lights. I've tried the 3 lever switch in every position. I have the same switch in an M151 so I'm familiar with it. I'm going to look for a wiring diagram in the 20 or 34 and see which wire is hot to the light switch.

renovate7

Thanks for the chart! I read the troubleshooting section in the 20 manual. I'm going to use a test light to see if I have power to the switch in the F hole. Then use a jumper wire from F to other holes to see if that light works. This should let me know if it's the switch. The only breaker I've found is for the horn.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the breaker is in the switch itself. I had **sorta** the same problen. My lights would go out after 15 minutes. (All of 'em....) Change the switch first outta the other truck, see what happens. Oh, lesson learned, it's easier to check/replace/fool with your light switch if you disconnect the air line for your windshield wipers.

renovate7

Did a little trouble shooting today. I have power to the switch thru the F hole. This is hot all the time, whether the accessory switch is on or not. Is this normal? The light switch is dated 2001. How easy is it to pull it apart and replace the fuse? Is the fuse a readily available part? Could there be any other reason the lights don't work other than the switch? The turn signals also don't work. Are they routed thru the light switch? Any additional info appreciated.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, the "F" is hot at all times.
The internal "fuse" is a 20 amp circuit breaker, which automatically resets after about a minute. Of course, if the overload condition remains, it will open again and again......

renovate7

I installed the switch from the 151A1 and have lights. Also found I have 1 bad headlight and 1 bad brake light. I think I'll go ahead and replace all the bulbs. No telling how old the others are. The switch that came out, dated 2001, rattles when you shake it. I don't think it's supposed to so that. Thanks to the board for the help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks