• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NO LONGER Wrecked wrecker

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Hi, everybody knows that I wrecked the wrecker, where can I find a R/F spring hanger and 4 NEW U bolts, nuts, washers (don't know if the 800 and the 54 series are the same for these, should be)

Any other things I need to look at (I will be changing out ALL the hanger mounting bolts on the other hangers and checking them for cracks)

Thank you all for the calls to the wife when the event took place, to just to check on me. STEEL SOLDIERS is the FINEST group of people that I have ever been associated with

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to get it back together for next year Ron. We will help any way we can. I don't want to hear that crap about it being to far either, suck it up and drive it to the rally.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It WILLl be there, though NOT with NDTs on the front, speaking of tires, what is the heighth of the tires off a 915/916/920, will thay match 1200 ndts

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the axle fix wont be to bad, jack and blocks, chain binder & chain, the real fun is going to be getting the dampener off the snout so I can replacel the front cover/motor mount

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
What part did the NDT tires play in this ? heavy rain or something ?
dont know, road was dry buy had light rain earler, thats why I went about 200' (WET GRASS), tires were 04 NEW, no checks, 90 psi as called for on the tire, had about 300 miles on them, when I put my hand on ALL the tires thay were HOT, could not leave my hand on them. Im NDT on the front gun shy
I would like to find some 1200 or equal OTR steer tires

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Hmmm...I was waiting for this!!!!:drool::drool:

Ron...guess who has an M817 tipper donor...with EVERYTHING but the engine/trans???:twisted::twisted:

I GUESS we could be talked into picking up the heavy parts and loading them with our ITSY BITSY M816 wrecker. :cookoo:

Ya know where to come if we can help troop::beer:

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I went to put NEW U bolts if I can find then, what do you guys think, good take off be ok

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I reused on the rear, I dont went to use used on the front, to much loading, used are already stretched

CGarbee

I would take one of the U-bolts off the truck with me (or from a donor) to my local heavy truck shop (such as Fleetpride) and have them make up a set of new ones... The local shop here in Raleigh charged me something like $50 last time I had a set made up (four bolts with washers and nuts...) and they did it in about fifteen minutes (including my talking to the guys...).

You've got too much riding on them to reuse old, stretched, bolts.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
What shape/dimensions do you need? I have a set of 7/8" grade 8 ones new and unused from when I mounted the k-boom. (slight ordering error :aua: )

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks