• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No of cylinders M818

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Before the M880 series came out in 1975, the only wheeled military vehicle that had 8 cylinders (that was common, anyways) was the M123/M125 series of 10-tons. All the rest of the trucks had 6 cylinders.

Michael

I thought it was 6, but I wasn't 100%, put it on a government form for sure it was 6, so I thought I would ask. :)

Blake

cylinders

Have you picked it up yet? I am shocked someone would buy something and have to post a question on how many cylinders it has....

alphadeltaromeo

RE: cylinders

...he wasn't firing on all...oh never mind LOL Just messing, because, quite frankly, I wasn't aware of how many it had and didn't really care when I won my bid for the M818. I'm picking mine up in a few weeks...but I'll know now that it has 6 *grin*.

Michael

RE: cylinders

I picked it and one other up last Friday. It was such an ordeal I am just now starting to get over it. I will post the story and the pictures soon.

FreightTrain

Banned
RE: Cylinders

actually,16 if you count the wiper motors and air compressor......17 if you have a double pumper compressor.oh,the Cylinder for the power steering too...17/18....

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was offline when this thread started. If I had seen it early enough, I would have gone out to count the spark plug wires to see how many cylinders the NHC250 has :wink: .