• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No Power in Cab M925A1

krduster

1984 M925 A1 I have no power going to anything in my cab from what I can tell. Originally my starter went out. I replaced with a starter I bought off of ebay (Ebay Description [FONT=&quot]ARMY 6X6 STARTER BRAND NEW 91-01-3700 24 VOLT-40 MT 11 TOOTH WILSON VAC TRUCK) It appeared to be a great match and I don't believe there is any issue with the starter. When I hooked it up I had no power to my cab anymore, so there is where I am at. Batteries have been all charged up. Power is getting to the starter. I will add between the starter going out, getting a new one, and getting it put on there was about an 8 month span. I feel like it is something easy. Anyone with some advice on what to try that would be great. Thanks![/FONT]

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did your Alternator zap your Power Control Box?

If your alternator is original they are known to fry components.
A bad PCB will allow no electricity in the cab.

Not sure if the starter is related or just a coincidence.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Pull your instrument panel and see if you have power when you turn your master switch on with a test light. If not then you have two of your wires crossed on the starter.

krduster

Did your Alternator zap your Power Control Box?

If your alternator is original they are known to fry components.
A bad PCB will allow no electricity in the cab.

Not sure if the starter is related or just a coincidence.
Is there a way to test the power control box or will it be obvious if i open it up (if that's possible)? It was the original starter on it when it went out.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a way to test the power control box or will it be obvious if i open it up (if that's possible)? It was the original starter on it when it went out.
There is but I'm not very familiar with the test.

Search the threads for the PCB bypass.
That bypass method should let you know if it's bad.

If that is the issue, they are very easy to rebuild.
Some PCBs have circuit boards, some don't.

Mine do not so it was easy.

krduster

Starter Wired.jpgBattery Switch Labeled.jpgPCB Bypass.jpg

Ok so my first sign of some progress. I did test the main switch suggested my simp5782. I had NO power of any sort going to the run / start switch. So i tested the battery switch (results pictured). I attempted to do a PCB bypass. as soon as i jumped C & D I had power to my cab! So that was a good sign. I didn't properly jump terminal B to C/D as the post I was reading had me a little confused. I now understand and will try that next to see if I have any luck. However I decided to give update with my starter pictured of how I have it wired just in case anyone sees anything I did mess up. Also there is a blank spot in my battery switch. Wasn't too sure about that either. Anyways if there is any more input I will take it. If i hear nothing I will attempt to jump the PCB soon to see if she starts or at least cranks over. Thanks for the help so far.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks