• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No start, ?Batts?

Finally got the "new" key switch into the blazer. Now I have the wait light, a GEN 2 light and a clicking noise when I try to turn it over. The batteries were taken out, put on a charger and read as fully charged. They also showed over 13 volts each. Is it possible their still bad. They show a 2005 manufacture date.
Both of the hot terminals have cracks in them, but they clamped up tight.

EO2NMCB

Put a load tester on the bat's. If you had just charged them they will read 13v or better, but are they holding the charge? Its tough to get a cucv started with questional bat's.

EO2NMCB

I just always use the load tester that I have at the house, maybe a 40 dollar one. Take your bat's to just about any parts store and they can test them for free.

EO2NMCB

If the bat's check out good, next thing to do is download the TM's from above in the FAQ's, Use the trouble shooting from the TM. That way your arn't throwing money at it blindly. Could be any number of things, ie starter, relay, fuseable link......But you need a mulitmeter so that you can check voltage.

mangus580

Start by checking all your connections on the large battery cables. If your batts are checking ok, but your voltmeter in the dash is reading way low, you have a poor connection.

It would make sense. It started with a jump. Might just be those battery connections or the batteries. If not, I'll do the TM thing. Many thanks all. I like electrical work, but these cucv's have a few extra's kinks compared to the usual GM.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks