• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

non- turbo multifuel questions

SCRAP

looking at a cheap non turbo, multifuel duece. it is cheap , runs and has a soft top. what are the differences between my buddies whistler and this one besides engine? is trans and transfer case the same? its so cheap i thought i might buy it to do an engine swap with later thanks in advance for info

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
LD465 RULES!!! Who needs a stupid turbo??? Lots of power with the NA engine. The rest of the powertrain is identical.

SSG Rock

SCRAP,

The non-turbo engine will do you just fine. I have just that and it can do anything a turbo engine can do.

SSG Rock

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
looking at a cheap non turbo, multifuel duece. it is cheap , runs and has a soft top. what are the differences between my buddies whistler and this one besides engine? is trans and transfer case the same? its so cheap i thought i might buy it to do an engine swap with later thanks in advance for info

This non-turbo truck has been running the trails and pits for several years now. Seems to do well even running the 53" tires.

Attachments

vtdeucedriver

I owned one turbo and 2 non and I really miss my NON turbo's. On the long hills, any turbo deuce will out climb you in speed if its long enough but on the straight away, a non turbo deuce will pull away. There is a timing difference between the 2 engines and I believe this is what makes the LD just a bit faster. When I am back on the search for a deuce, I will be preferring another LD. Kept all my spare exhaust parts for the thought.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have two turbo deuces and the M275 that is NA.....the little tractor will pull just as good as the deuces......but you have to watch out in a pull if the fuel is turned to it....if you keep your foot in it you can get it hot quick.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I know owners that have lrft the timing alone and others that have adjusted it. It shouldn't make much difference.