• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Noob from Monroe, Washington

Jinx

Checked out the truck today. It was a fixer. Not too surprising given the price. I was hoping the cab was in better condition. Looks like it didn't have a top for quite awhile. The bed was nice, and the tires were in great condition however.

I wound up calling the guy in Tenino and drove down south to check out his two remaining trucks. WOW! I really liked the D motor deuce. Turbo diesel, cab heater, air seat, air shift front and it drove great, minus the weak brakes and nonfunctional speedometer. Unfortunately the guy wouldn't move AT ALL on his price and I don't have enough cash. Anyone know where to get a quick $1,000? lol

So it looks like I'm still in the market for a deuce. Maybe I'll save my cash up a bit longer, and get a nicer one with a winch.

Jinx

I'm eyeballing the deuces for sale on govliquidation. There are 4 of them at Fort Lewis. All of them say the engines do not turn over. Any idea if that's just due to bad batteries, or could the engines be seized?

Any ideas what my risks would be buying one from auction?

datsunaholic

The guys at the Ft Lewis DL make an attempt to start all of them, but you may note that 2 of those trucks don't have slave cable attachments (one looks like it never had one, and the other is sitting on the passenger seat). If the engines on the 2 that do have slave cable adapters don't turn over, which seems to be the case, I'm pretty sure the trucks are probably towaways. I'd steer clear of these as a first Deuce unless you're ready to tackle the tow+troubleshooting (and pray against a siezed engine, these could have been sitting quite some time).

On the plus side 2 of the trucks are dropside trucks (though that means they'll sell for more- average at Ft Lewis for a M35A2C is twice the price of an A2). 3 of the 4 are marked USPFO, which means "United States Property and Fiscal Office", which is part of the National Guard. One of the Dropsides looks like an ex-US Navy truck, as it has paintouts on the doors and tailgate where the USN numbers usually exist.

Last edited:

Jinx

Thanks for the info Datsun. I just don't think I have the guts to risk buying something with that much risk.

Sorry for the auction discussion MR. I didn't know the rules.

datsunaholic

I didn't think it was out of line being no lot numbers or links were used, but I'll just walk on eggshells next time I have info I think is helpful on local GL rigs. I just don't want to see someone new "Spinning the wheel of fortune" if they don't want to.

OD_Coyote

datsunaholic - If you have information about trucks coming up for auction that may benefit someone, you could always send them a PM.:-D
I used to own a 240Z back in the 70's, it was a nice car.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks