• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

noobie to the site...

WarHorse

I have recently acquired my first "former military vehicle" and look forward to fixing it up and later gathering more schtuff. I bought it out of necessity and will use it as a farm vehicle and for parades (once it becomes pretty). It's not super cool like a duece or anything, but it suits me.

A few questions:

It will need a paintjob soon, and I am torn between restoring the green or going with solid tan with "war paint" and bumper numbers and all. Opinions?

It's bed is in need of repair and a tailgate. I guess I need to get a bodyshop guy to give a good estimate if it is even repairable or not. My other thought was to get another bed from a pick-n-pull and just paint it to match.

Inside, the dash is cracked and I thought I would try to replace that but still stay as authentic as possible. Any thoughts on cosmetic repairs on vinyl?

I hope I uploaded the photo correctly... it's a 1993 F150/350. (The title shows it as a 150 but it is clearly a 350...) I sold the topper so that I could use it as an actual truck. I think she likes getting driven rather than sitting out dryrotting like she had been. ;-)

http://i46.tinypic.com/2hrjpdu.jpg

Attachments

wildbilly1760

Give it a military paint job. You can get repair pannels for that bed really reasonable. Weld em in....or rivet them....I saw a few CUCV's that way when I was in the Army. Check the local savage yards. Ford Tailgates are interchangeable for many years...... Maybe even 70's to the late 90's. Anyhow, congrats on the new truck. You'll enjoy the restoration.
Bill

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks