• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Nordic Air 3 ton ECU Condenser Fan Switch

wilb

I have a 3 ton Nordic Air GL0383ZAADWYX11 ECU

The condenser fan does come on normally. I've worked around by fixing the low speed relay in the run position.
I suspect the problem is the Condenser Fan Switch, but can not find it on the unit

Anybody know which panel its under ?

Attachments

TheDrashStash

Hey wilb, I have the manual for these 3 ton units and I've worked on about a dozen of them. The condenser fan has a 2 speed motor and swaps when pressure reaches a certain point in the system. That pressure switch, I've noticed, goes out a lot. I've fixed this issue by running a jumper across the high speed wires going to that switch. I'll try go get a picture of the switch I'm talking about and if you want, DM me and I can send you the wiring schematic

wilb

Perhaps I could add my own switch, run it at high or low when the AC is on, and turn it off for heat.

Where is that switch located?

Thanks !

TheDrashStash

No you'd want it to run on high always when the ac is on, If its stuck on low or going dead when it tries to swap to high, it'll cut out on overpressure. The AC compressor makes the refrigerant a very hot high pressure liquid, that fan cools it down before going to the evaporator. KIMG0251.JPG
That blue switch with the 3 wires is the pressure switch that controls the 2 speed condenser fan. One wire is 24v power, one goes to the high speed contactor 4MH and the other goes to the low speed contactor 4ML. I just make a jumper with 2 spade terminals and place accordingly.

TheDrashStash

KIMG0252.JPG
please use caution when working with open electrical cabinets, do so at your own risk. But when that fan engages, you should see the blue button on the contactor pull in. you can also run it manually by pushing that blue button in with an insulated screw driver

wilb

Thank You so much. Ive got that contractor jammed closed at the moment, but can do a lot better with your info.

Thanks again

Bill

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks