• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

North American Electric Vehicles

rcamacho

Not affiliated but passing on HMMWV/H1 EV conversion pricing that was sent to me
Wow, not sure who the target market is given pricing level.

IMG_2424.jpg
IMG_2425.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I've questioned if he.... they have ever made more than just the one eV HMMWV
I only have hearsay, but the IBEW electricians in the civilian Hummer plant tell me that they are building electric vehicles there... No info was discussed about how many but they are setting up a line to produce them.

ryolse

The conversation is based on a EV swap company in British of Columbia.

Where they swapped in 2 Tesla LDUs and were originally stating they were selling them builds at $200k each. However, being someone who is doing a similar Tesla LDU swap into a H1, I've yet to come across any other "HMMWV" based vehicles which they've done. Only one I've found is their initial build which he "and his son" did in his home garage.

The company has however done other EV swaps with other vehicles after starting an official company.

And yes, I know... I know... I'm un-American and should be burnt on a stake for not putting a diesel in... but. I don't care, coming from a Rally Car/Hill Climb background EVs are amazingly more responsive then combustion. In addition, sign me up for 4 roof mounted solar panels to trickle charge my truck for "free" while at work and again when I get home

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The conversation is based on a EV swap company in British of Columbia.

Where they swapped in 2 Tesla LDUs and were originally stating they were selling them builds at $200k each. However, being someone who is doing a similar Tesla LDU swap into a H1, I've yet to come across any other "HMMWV" based vehicles which they've done. Only one I've found is their initial build which he "and his son" did in his home garage.

The company has however done other EV swaps with other vehicles after starting an official company.

And yes, I know... I know... I'm un-American and should be burnt on a stake for not putting a diesel in... but. I don't care, coming from a Rally Car/Hill Climb background EVs are amazingly more responsive then combustion. In addition, sign me up for 4 roof mounted solar panels to trickle charge my truck for "free" while at work and again when I get home
Ahhh... Makes more sense. Guess I should have read a little more. We do have a member here with a M37 who got a tesla motor and battery affixed and he has that functional.

Yessir, EV power and performance can be amazing. Personally, my opinion is that our electrical grid isn't ready for everyone to convert - and most likely I will be the last to make that change. I like my smoggy old diesels :cool:

ryolse

Are you referring to Zach from "Jerry Rig Everything"? He does have a pretty good build that's been coming along

JRE is using a motor from a aircraft... push back vehicle, I believe. Which is mounted to the original transmission and driveline

Whereas the NAEV truck, he welded the Telsa motor diffs and connected each directly to the front and rear HMMWV diffs

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Are you referring to Zach from "Jerry Rig Everything"? He does have a pretty good build that's been coming along

JRE is using a motor from a aircraft... push back vehicle, I believe. Which is mounted to the original transmission and driveline

Whereas the NAEV truck, he welded the Telsa motor diffs and connected each directly to the front and rear HMMWV diffs
I believe it's a different guy. The JerryRigEverything had a HMMWV in the videos that I found. The member here is @Johnbyrdgates and his is a M37. I found his build thread here.

Below is a picture of the motor with the standard M37 transmission behind it.

1694790619669.png

Last edited:

ryolse

I believe it's a different guy. The JerryRigEverything had a HMMWV in the videos that I found. The member here is @Johnbyrdgates and his is a M37. I found his build thread here.

Below is a picture of the motor with the standard M37 transmission behind it.

View attachment 905996
Aaah, looks fun. I haven't seen many builds with a Curtis motor yet. Will have to follow along their progress some more

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks