• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Northern Climate multi fuel oil..?

islandguydon

I was advised the standard oil is 15-40.

Since the truck's broke in at 5000 miles, I wanted to use a synthetic blend same weight. Has anyone had any problems with a synthetic motor oil in their Multi Fuel engine...?

Any help would be appreciated.

1958 M274

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M35A2 has AMSOIL 15W-40 synthetic "heavy duty diesel and marine oil" in it. It did when I acquired it. It also has synthetic oil in the drive train. The previous owner put about 10,000 miles on it, and I've driven it about 1,200 in the last year and a half. No problems and no leaks. I got the truck in the summer time and didn't think that the synthetic oil made that much difference, but when I started and drove it for the first time when it was about 20 degrees, I saw the light! It cranked over and started faster than my other trucks with regular oil, and the synthetic in the transmission made it shift like summer time. I was impressed and highly recommend it to someone that lives in as cold of an area as you!