• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Norwich NY 24,25 May

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone else planning going to the car show in Norwich NY?

There used to be a decent gathering of MV's, tents etc., though in recent years the amount of 'green' has dwindled a bit. Weather last year didn't help!
It would be nice to see if this 'broad spectrum' car show could regain a little more popularity within central NY Military Vehicle collectors.

Single 'Day trippers' can choose between Hot rods/muscle cars on Sat or Vintage/Antique on Sunday.

http://www.raocc.org/RAOCC_show.html

Howard

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howard,

If the weather is good I will be there. Maybe we could start a mini convoy to the show.

Doug

mikey

Wow, in Norwich? I'm actually moving to Norwich very soon. Already bought a house in March, waiting on a closing date. I'd like to attend the show and also meet some members from the area.

Thanks for the tip!

Mikey

jatonka

I hope to get there with my 5 ton 4x4, it is a great flea market/car show/ NY-Penn military vehicles collector club gathering. Looking forward to meeting Zebedee and seeing Mikey again( interesting avatar) JT

XchaosX

I plan on making it as along as the weather is decent. Hopefully better that last year, it was cold and raining. I'm only about 15 miles from Norwich.

mikey

John, I'm looking forward to seeing you again. I still tell everyone about my trip to your LZ and that bobbed 939. What an amazing truck and unbelievable fabricating. If anyone is on the fence about this show, you really should go just to see Jatonka's bobbed 939.

Paul Wadeson says hi! Got my parts deuce from him.

Mikey

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I spoke to Lorna yesterday - she too want's to convoy on Sat am aswell.

Looks like it's planned to meet up at the McD's in Richfield for a 9am depart. There is a spot of waste ground right opposite the gas station entrance, on 20 just incase the station is busy.

Lorna will try to get a'hold of Sherman too.

JT - how does that sound to you?

Doug - if you want to meet up there and wait for me that's fine too. I'll probably set off early to go get the truck and head back North to the meet there for the 9am depart.

xchaosx - we'll be coming through Sherburne probably around 9:40 or so (big guess!) just incase you wanted to swell the ranks!

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howard,
9am at McD's in Richfield will work great. Ill try to get my M101A2 registered/inspected and take it for its maiden trip to the show
I spoke to Lorna yesterday - she too want's to convoy on Sat am aswell.

Looks like it's planned to meet up at the McD's in Richfield for a 9am depart. There is a spot of waste ground right opposite the gas station entrance, on 20 just incase the station is busy.

Lorna will try to get a'hold of Sherman too.

JT - how does that sound to you?

Doug - if you want to meet up there and wait for me that's fine too. I'll probably set off early to go get the truck and head back North to the meet there for the 9am depart.

xchaosx - we'll be coming through Sherburne probably around 9:40 or so (big guess!) just incase you wanted to swell the ranks!

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used to go to that show every year. I would go but I moved to Michigan. If anybody had a hydraulic head for a multifuel, maybe my dad can get my M109A3 going and take it to the show. Norwich is always a good show. Im going to miss it. :roll:

XchaosX

Zebedee, there is a truck turn off Rt 12 in North Norwich. I'll wait there and join up as you pass by. If I can get my other truck fixed up in time, I'll have 2 deuces to bring.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Weather for Sat ... "A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 66. Chance of precipitation is 40%."

Also note that rain is forecast from today right through to Sat - so the ground is going to be plenty soft!

I hope someone has an E-Z up for dry "visiting".

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ill be getting my M101A1 inspected tomorrow, will see you all at McD's for 9:00 depart. A friend from Verona wanted too meet up with us on rout 20; he has a 32 ford rat rod and would like to follow the convoy down to Norwich show. I told him to bring a couple cans of green paint & a brush and ill see him Saturday.

jatonka

I will be setting up my MKT 90 on Friday late afternoon, will hold 12 or 15 visitors, out of the weather.

anybody who wants can come over to help set-up around 5 PM Friday. JT

jatonka

The kitchen trailer is all set up for some serious visiting, hope all you guys show up. Weather is currently dry and overcast, mild breeze. The 4 man crew was me, took 2 hours from start to finish. Lots of car flea market vendors here tonight. Getting too dark to see the key board, night all, JT

CommoChief

JT,

Sorry it was a "Me, myself and I" deal. Kyle and I were working or we would have joined you. My Wife's Uncle lives in Afton and historically took his '57 Chevy to the show - always walked away
with the trophy....however his health is not good so he will not be there. And, with all going on this weekend (Kyle's Birthday Sunday and today spent getting the Deuce and M105 ready for the
Memorial Day parade, we will probably not make it to Norwich. Would liked to chew the fat with you and see your MKT.

Bill