• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NOS 6.2 up for auction

dilvoy

Is anyone looking for a probably NOS 6.2 or 6.5 engine assy? GL has one coming up in event #2579. It is item #5500. I recently purchased a late production 6.5 engine assy with the mounting boss for the top mount Humvee/Hummer turbo and oil cooled pistions. It was listed as a 6.2 engine. I think it was, because it was assembled with a injection pump which would work with the 3L80 (turbo 400) and as a result of all the upgrading to the 6.5 and 4L80E, this one never got used. I think that is the situation with this engine, which is located in Great Lakes Il. This engine is not the late block with the top mount turbo boss, but it may still be a 6.5. Either way, with a good rebuild costing over three grand, someone will get a good deal.