• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

not running right help!

jdeoliveira74

ok so i drove home yesterday about 4hrs and the truck seem to run fine. I did notice that there felt like a hesitation while cruizing. This morning i get up had to go get coffee cause we were out. Truck starts fine seems to idle great but under load first gear feels like its sputtering it runs but not right what is wrong. I am just hopeing that it is the fuel filter since i have not changed it. i did fuel up at walmart yesterday
help...this is my daily driver and i am going out of town on monday

jdeoliveira74

yeah i use my m1009 for work and run all over nc. Its been great fixed most of the oil leaks and have been wanting to convert to a spin on filter with primer pump anyway... i ordered the filter but it wont be here till monday need fix today. i guess i can change the box filter and deal with priming it

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please try to use capitalization.

BobM

In the future, might I suggest that you include which "truck" you are working on in your first post? Not to be picky, but sometimes it helps you get better advice. Hope the filter fixes everything.

davidkroberts

The parts for a spin on filter conversion are at Tractor Supply but you are going to need a thread conversion thats available at Lowes for one of the lines

jdeoliveira74

Ok sorry again I am still new here... So it a 85 m1009 it has been converted to 12v system previously before i purchased it. My fuel filter set up will be here monday. I think I may have got some bad Diesel from wally world. It was fine till i filled up there. Is there any additived for the fuel that may help?
thanks again you guys are a wealth of knowledge!