• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Now I want one !!

FreightTrain

Banned
That is a M123 10 ton Tractor.Either had a 855 cube Le Roi V8 gasser or a Big Mack diesel.that rear winch will pick up about anything!45,000Lbs of actual pull!

FreightTrain

Banned
oh,made to haul the M60 tanks.50s or 60 era.Rated in Gallons to the mile but there is nothing and I really mean NOTHING you can hook it up to that will stop it!They are used mostly in really heavy logging or moving houses now days.

K9Unit

Its funny you should say that, I saw just that last yr on one of the disc. channels. Pulled that and a few barns all at a idle. If I have learned anything about macks that would be it !

FreightTrain

Banned
actually,that truck was built by mack but if it was an early one it had a Le Roi V8 gasser.Later ones were mostly mack with V8 diesels.I want a gasser.Oh,the trannies are crash boxes too so you gotta learn to drive without sycros.Float and double clutch.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They were also powered by Cummins V8 300's. And yes, they are difficult to shift, but could get used to it!

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
Crash boxes are NOT "difficult to shift." We who learned to drive in the '40s, '50s, and '60s dealt with them every day if we drove a truck (even a pickup). That's when they still taught kids to "drive" instead of "pointing the car where it's supposed to go." ;)

FreightTrain

Banned
Lifer,it is for todays generation of automatics and powersteering.Have you seen that manual transmissions are an OPTION when buying new vehicles?Standard trannies ain't even standard anymore.Even military stuff is all going automatic.

alphadeltaromeo

I like an automatic and I like a stick. Sometimes I just want to get in and press "go" and then sometimes I like the engagement of doing something. Balance for me.

Andy

westfolk said:
FreightTrain said:
Lifer,it is for todays generation of automatics and powersteering.Have you seen that manual transmissions are an OPTION when buying new vehicles?Standard trannies ain't even standard anymore.Even military stuff is all going automatic.
You can thank the "equal, and I can do more than you" cry of women for it all. That and city slickers.

:ditto:

That is a very nice truck for the price it went for

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks