• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Now you have fuel...now you don't

50shooter

My new 1977 M35 multi is sitting half in the yard and half on the street. It quit while going down the hwy and towed it this far. It sputtered and came to life a few times. I suspected fuel and it did look like very old crud. I drained the tank, clean it, cleaned all filter cans and changed all 3 filters. I bleed the system and injectors. It fired right up and ran perfect....for 2 minutes then quit. Tonight I had to reprime the secondaries and bleed injectors again. Fired up and ran great for 1 minute then quit. I found air in the clear line above the injectors. Both secondary filters were half or less full. The primary was full.

The in tank pump works for a while then stops pumping (took the secondary off and turned on the master..it flowed ok then good then ok then stopped).

Shouldn't the mechanical take over once the engine starts even if the elec. in tank is going bad?

The fuel only oozes or bubbles out of the secondary bleeeder. Shouldn't it come out w/authority? Same story at the injectors.

Any good suggestions for checking for an air leak in the fuel lines? I'm sure no one else has any leaks on their deuce but mine has wet spots most everywhere.

I've read posts where guys don't even have elec. in tank pumps working and their truck starts. Am I looking at two or three issues all tied together?

Any help would be great...I'm tired of working on my back in the snow.

Thanks guys.

FreightTrain

Banned
Pull the in tank pump and check the connectors.If it runs and then stops there is something wrong there.I don't think there is a breaker on it.Just a fuse under the square box on top.