• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NP218, NP242 transfere case, anything like a 208?

ssgtwright-usmc

I have seen (NEW PROCESS TRANSFER GEAR TRANSMISSIONS) NP218 and NP242 on the auction site along with transfere cases and trannies for the M35 vehicles.
Now what is the differances in the NP218 and the NP242?
Are they better then a NP208, are they compatable with the TH400 tranny?
In everyones best knowledge, what would you have inside your vehicle if it would fit?
I have a M1008 with the NP208 but am always interested in upgrading anything that I can esp... if you do alot of off-roading.
Any opions on the NP Transfere cases will be great.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I would say an NP205 would be the best upgrade for it the newer ones might not fit. I think the NP242 is in my 1998 Suburban and it is elecric shift. It is bolted to the overdrive transmission and handles the torque from the 6.5 TD

jimbo*

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The NP205 would be your best bet, but you must find the later model" round" pattern t-case and corresponding adapter (unless you want to change the output shaft in your tranny also). It has a 1.96 ratio low range.

The other option would be the NP241--similar but improved version of the NP208, but available in passenger side front output and driver side front output--you need passenger side output. It will actually bolt in place of your NP208, including the shifter.