• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NSN for 80's build W/W?

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Were any built W/W and if so what is the NSN?, or were they (winches) add on's at the unit level?

There was a spotters guide somewhere, but I can't find it now....

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, there were mid-80's trucks w/w. They are rare...but I've seen a couple. I am not sure how many were built. Maybe, David Doyle will chime in.

One thing I want to point out...it may be obvious to some but not all... I have a 1983 M35A2C. It is not a mid-80s deuce as we refer to them. Why? Because it does not have all of the feautures of the true mid-80s deuces like the dual brake system. So, just because a truck description indicates that a truck was built in 1983 or 1984, does not mean it really is one of the later deuces. It really is no different from a truck built in 1970...just that it was built a few years later. Also, this probably goes without saying, but make sure from the VIN that the truck was not just rebuilt in the 80s.

I hope this helps a little.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They have the same NSN as all the other trucks.. NSN's dont change for the same model, even if there are a few upgrades... If a model get a bunch of upgrades, it becomes the A1,2,3 or whatever version they are up to, and new NSN gets assigned.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks