• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

O-ring kit for hydraulic control panel knobs?

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On my hydraulic control panel, the knob that selects cab/tire/suspension has started to leak hydraulic oil. The manuals have some exploded diagrams that show the knobs come out with a bunch of little o-rings on them. Are there kits to replace them all?

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does the tm show part numbers for the individual o rings? If so they are usually spx parts.
What does SPX mean?

The exploded diagram is in the LMTV parts manual. In the maintenance manual all I have found so far is how to change out the entire assembly (but it might be in there somewhere).

scottmandu

On my hydraulic control panel, the knob that selects cab/tire/suspension has started to leak hydraulic oil. The manuals have some exploded diagrams that show the knobs come out with a bunch of little o-rings on them. Are there kits to replace them all?
I believe that panel and valves are made by Parker. They should use standard sized hydraulic orings and seals.

spankybear

Oh boy! This sounds like another fun episode of "Guess That O-Ring"!
Working in industry, o-rings like seals and bearings are more or less standard for size. When it comes to o rings the biggest difference is what they are made our of. EPDM, Viton, Silicone, Buna-N, PTFE, FEP, Neoprene, Kalrez, ect...

If you have one in hand you can go to a place like McMaster Carr's website and go from there. With the width and ID you can get the dash number. You can also use something like this https://www.amazon.com/O-Ring-Sizing-Gauge-Plastic-Blue/dp/B012D6G13S
or this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98Kb26RVCzg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks