• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Obtaining Service Records

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I was wondering if anyone has managed to obtain a copy of their vehicles service records? I picked up my M1009 from Chambersburg, Pa., so is there a service depot around there that might have serviced my vehicle last to start at? Sometimes I have seen the records in some vehicles, but only before they are listed by GL. I don't have enough history with GL to say if that is just chance or me though.
Thanks,
Ethan

FrankUSMC

I got very lucky on my last truck, every thing was inside of it. Including a log bog with all of it's runs it had made.
All the trucks that we sent to DRMO, all the records were thrown away.
If your truck still has the unit markings, and you can find that unit, you might get lucky and talk to some one at the unit who remembers your truck.
One of the few, Frank

1956_4x4

When I was in the Air Force we had to turn the historical records in with the vehicle when it went to DRMO. A indepth inspection was conducted on the vehicle and all problems were annotated. The historical records contained the maintenance data on the vehicle. This data used to be for the entire life of the vehicle, but the AF changed the record process to only require workorders for the past two years. Maintenance Controllers would usually go through the record jackets and purge anything that was more than two years old prior to an inspection. Certain items that were in the permanent record stayed for the life of the vehicle.

I'm not too sure where these records go after the vehicle is turned in to DRMO. I had always thought they were passed on to the customer, but I can now see that isn't the case.

Smitty

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the Army, when we sent something to DRMO, we purged all the maint records that went with it. No need to keep them, as the vehicle was no longer wanted by Uncle.