• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Odd GEN 2 light problem

Timber

I've done a few searches for problems related to the Gen lights but haven't found a thread with anyone having a similar problem. Nor have I found a fix in the TM's. Mine is dim when starting. It doesn't come on as bright as the GEN 1 or oil pressure light. It doesn't come on while I'm driving or otherwise act up, it just won't come on bright like it's supposed to with the key in the run position, engine off, when I go to crank it. I've had the truck maybe five years now and it's always been like that. I have never removed the cluster, and it's a job over due - I need to clean it up and install new dash lights anyway. I'm guessing it's the printed circuit on back of the cluster housing but thought I'd ask here before taking it out.

cucvrus

Perhaps check the white 2 wire plug where it connects to the voltage regulator on top of the right passengers side alternator. Is it making a good connection? Possibly the connection on the back of the cluster/ circuit board. Hard to pinpoint via internet. I hope that helps.

Timber

Perhaps check the white 2 wire plug where it connects to the voltage regulator on top of the right passengers side alternator. Is it making a good connection? Possibly the connection on the back of the cluster/ circuit board. Hard to pinpoint via internet. I hope that helps.
Thanks man, it's supposed to be a 90% chance of rain tomorrow but I'll check it whenever the rain lets up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks