• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Odd Ticking

AlphaChicken

T his is my first post. Been lurking. A LOT. ANyway I bought an 86' CUCV this summer with 62k on it. Been running great after a new fuel cutoff relay.

So recently my CUCV started ticking after I took it to the mechanic to have a block heater installed. At least I NOTICED it after I took it to my mechanic. Ended up with a new ignition switch and starter solenoid too. Anyway, It happened after experimenting with WMO fuel. Truck ran fine on the stuff, a little more difficult to get started and better mileage were the only difference (burned up my glow plugs :sad:, but ether works great). A little hard to start but other than that no problems. Tick goes away after running for a while.

Went on a trip and when I got back realized my oil was low. 5 out of 7 quarts isn't bad.

SO I'm back to regular D2 and have run some seafoam and diesel 911 through it.

Bled my in injectors. No difference. They all seem to be working. Like the TM says if you find one that doesn't effect RPM when bleeding you found the culprit.

Thinking it's a lazy lifter I also changed my oil and substituted one quart of Rotella for 1 quart of Marvel Mystery oil following the manufacturers instructions.

Still no change in the tick.

However right after changing my oil I noticed a fuel leak after shutdown. Pulled the air cleaner today and looked around and found the leak. I'm leaking diesel from the inlet of my IP. The hose is bad. I'll change it tomorrow.

Anyone had this problem and what were your symptoms?