• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

oddball mirrors

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a deuce that needs a mirror, unlike the west coast style, and unlike the standard "center bolt" style on my 1968 (sorta like jeep mirrors). A pic of what I need is below. Anyone have a spare? Used is fine, just need to replace a busted mirror.

Attachments

tmbrwolf

Mirrors from the old Dodge pickup, ones like what was used on the M880, should be able to get them from any parts store, just have to repaint them. Those mirror kits pre-date the west coast mirror setup seen on most of the trucks now, man they were a bugger to install, had to remove the windshield pivot pins, we screwed up a bunch of windshield hinges trying to get them out.

55Cameo

I have a set of those on my truck now and I purchased a NOS set of west coast mirrors. I haven't tackled the task of changing them over yet. I'm not looking forward to the rusted hinge pins.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got these on my truck and also bought them from Saturn surplus. $10.00 bucks and brand new. I also have a west coast mirror kit but I like my elephant ears!

ida34

The mirrors are not brand specific. They are generic. I have them on my F-350 now and have had the same mirrors on my 77 Dodge. In fact, I stole on from the ford to put on the dodge. They are pretty standard. If I remember right those mounts replace the bolts mounting the window to the cowl. I have seen them cut off when the west coast mirror kits were installed. As people have said, any auto parts store but Saturn may be the cheapest and may come already painted OD so you would not have to deal with scuffing and painting the chrome.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks