• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Odometer Disconect

leisman7

I need to get behind the gages to do some work unable to pull out the gage panel due to the odometer cable being connected to the back. Anyone have a trick on disconecting the odometer cable with out breaking it,, and can it be put back together?

cmroles

The speedometer cable is just held in with a single spring-tab. Its a little hard to explain, but you will feel a spring metal tab on the top of the cable connector. Just squeeze it down and pull the cable off the gauge. It shouldn't take too much effort to pull off if the tab is fully depressed.

Also, there isn't any issue with putting it back together as long as you are careful. I've had them apart a few times with no breakage.

Check the TM 9-2320-289-20 pg 4-28 for details.

If you don't already have them, you can get all the Technical Manuals (TM's) here:

http://www.jatonkam35s.com/jatonkaCUCV-TMdownloadpage.htm

Many of your questions will be answered by these manuals.

Last edited:

edpdx

I pulled mine from the top of the dash after removing the top pad. The other day I was under the dash at the fuse block and saw that it would probably be easier to pull the wire harness that feeds the Instrument Cluster from that angle. Get a headlamp on and lay on your back out of the driver's door. Reach up and squeeze the harness free with a little rocking. Then you should have enough room to pull the OD cable as my new friend cmroles outlines above.

Tip, Just be sure that when you put the OD cable back in that you tug and check that it is locked in place :|.