• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Offroad only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris H

I apologize for any redundancy but I am completely new to all this and totally lost.
Are all military hummers off road only or just specific models? I'm interested in an ambulance body but the guy selling it is slow to respond and selective on which questions he answers.
Thanks

Last edited:

someoldmoose

Short answer is . . . check with the D M V where you plan to register it. I also forgot to say welcome in your other thread so, WELCOME from Central PA.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I apologize for any redundancy but I am completely new to all this and totally lost.
Are all military hummers off road only or just specific models? I'm interested in an ambulance body but the guy selling it is slow to respond and selective on which questions he answers.
Thanks
It appears very few USMC trucks slipped through without being branded.
[h=1]GP Hmmwv's sold with On Road Titles.[/h]

Chris H

Thanks Someoldmoose!
Thanks for filling me in porkysplace.
I have no idea where they got this thing.
They are marketing them as campers though so it's confusing. I can't see towing a camper to the desert just to be able to drive it.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The following are facts -

1) GP sold some with onroad titles.

2) Many sold with branded titles were subsequently titled and registered for onroad use and then subsequently offered for sale as on road trucks.

3) Some of the trucks in #2 above have had their titles and registrations revoked, even several owners downstream.

4) At the state level, regulations and policies regarding hmmwvs on the street are in flux.

Caveat Emptor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks