• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Offtopic MEP related

Isaac-1

I was just wondering if things like this also happen to you? Yesterday while eating lunch with some co-workers at a local mexican place somone pulls into the parking lot to turn around pulling a trailer with a large tan camo painted piece of equipment. One of my co-workers remarks, I wonder what that thing is? To which I say its a 15KW MEP-004a military surplus generator, and I certainly would not buy one in tan ..., the co-worker then asks, How do you know all that?

Ike

Carl_in_NH

Things like that happen all the time to me - but not typically with a military surplus piece of equipment; usually it's an item where I have some bizarre esoteric knowledge that has nothing to do with what I do for a living. Displaying this knowledge typically puzzles your coworkers. They either gain respect for your broad and worldly knowledge, think you're making it up, or back away like you're possessed and / or possibly dangerous.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I think everyone here on this site has a head full of info that the general population lacks. But honestly, I am disappointed with the general population...