• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ohio GL trucks moving to Alabama ?

Monkeyboyarmy

I was thinking of moving down south but if they are going to move all of that crap down there I might have to move out west.Are there any yankees out west?

Columbus is definitely not what it used to be.They tore down a bunch of warehouse buildings and put up office buildings."Lets fight 'em with staplers and paper cuts"

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They also don't have the weather related problems 'in the south' that we have here. Watch those "yankee" jokes though.... Everybody knows there arn't any Yankees working from Columbus south. Just watch the interstate Monday and Fridays. But if they are still selling out of Michigan, that isn't too bad. Alot of those trucks out of Columbus camve via Camp Perry, and were stored there for an indefinate period, had parts removed to feed trucks going "overseas" and were pretty ragged when they left up here. Though there were a couple NICE wreckers..... The spare cab top out of the back of a dump is still here as are the troop racks, and they are just going to throw them out. I'm ready for the dumpster diving detail if the possibility presents itself.

Pawnshop

The guys in San Antonio told me on several occasions that all of their trucks and trailers short enough to transport on a standard civvy flatbed trailer are going to Oklahoma to be sold. They were only selling M109s and M820s in SA, however there are several M35s on there right now, though they are in a different lot then the previous SA trucks.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FWIW, I was going through the stack of papers that was in the map compartment of the m35a2 I just picked up at Redstone and it came from a NG unit in Lima,OH.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks