• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

oil breather hose/ air intake question

ecarl4100

I have an M1008. Its running pretty good, but i always get a lot of oil in the precleaner and actual air cleaner. I believe this is caused by a hose thats routed from just under the oil filler cap, and stuck in the intake hole of the air cleaner housing. It was this way when I got the truck from auction, and runs for the most part pretty good. On the passenger side by the intake is, what I believe, to be the remnants of some type of crankcase vent housing or something, with some vertical holes. Can anyone out there kinda help me along with whats missing on my truck, and If its a problem I need to address? Like I said, It runs fine, just seems to vent a bit of oil into the air cleaner housing. Thanks for any help.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A look at the parts TM will answer your question.

Search for CDR valve.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks