• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil change Tips

pwrwagonfire

Im looking for any tips/words of advice that can be offered for changing the oil in a 64 WM300

Have heard a few...but Im going to do it myself for the first time this week (or next) (hopefully!) and would like to hear as much about it as I can

FYI: The filters it takes is not the "bunch of socks in a nylon bag" like my buddys '56, but it is a metal cartridge filter instead

davesgmc

#1 tip, use a drain pan that has a capacity LARGER than the engines oil capacity! My 5 ton with a 6-71, I had NO idea how much oil it held, that is until the 5 gallon bucket got full and dumped the additional 4 gallons all over the shop floor......they just don't make enough oil dry for something like that, i know!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use your empty oil drain pan up on top of the engine next to the oil filter canister to accept the old filter. Use a old soup can to catch the oil from the filter housing drain plug. Then use lots of paper towels to clean the bottom of the canister, it will be full of sludge.

pwrwagonfire

Use your empty oil drain pan up on top of the engine next to the oil filter canister to accept the old filter. Use a old soup can to catch the oil from the filter housing drain plug. Then use lots of paper towels to clean the bottom of the canister, it will be full of sludge.

Ive heard to save the old washer from the filter(?) or else it will leak like crazy....:?:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks