• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

oil cooler line nut - help

jag7720

While removing the old radiator I could not detach the oil cooler lines from the radiator. So I detached them from the flexible part of the line... I was able to remove the lines but the nut on the line will not turn so I had to rotate the whole line.

I have soaked them in PB Blaster and heated them... let them cool and repeat but they will not budge.

I tried putting the line in the new radiator but the threads don't stop at the same point.

:?: Anyone got any ideas how I can free the line nut from the aluminum line? :?:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you using a flare nut wrench or box-end wrench? I recently installed a new radiator in my cucv, I had no trouble though. Those lines just have a flange ring and an O-ring to seal them. Sounds like corrosion/electrolysis is your issue.

Wolf.Dose

Forget it, corrosion on the aluminium lines. Look for new parts or get them coustom made made at your local hydraulic shop. The connection is a GM special design and not as general hydraulic spare on the market.
Wolf