• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

oil for fuel

sandcobra164

Quick question after searching to no avail. Does the NHC-250 burn oil as fuel in a mixture? I've got a truck who has stayed here for a while, it's almost out of Diesel and I've got some used motor oil to help fill the tank.

cbvet

I think there is info in the Alternative Fuel thread about this.
My NHC 250 doesn't like much oil mixed in with the diesel.
Maximum 20% or it idles rough & is hard to start.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
With no turbo to force air into it my guess is that the "nifty 250" would smoke like a coal fired steam engine if you go too high on the mixture.

Years ago a lot of trucking companies poured their waste oil into the fuel tanks of their trucks......that was before the computer controlled engines.

80-20 is prob the max mixture.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are going to drive the truck you could mix it. If it just sits and you need to move it around once in a while, I would dump a few gallons of diesel in. You don't want to turn it into something that you have to push.

Keep in mind the compression ratio is not as high in the Cummins as in the Multi-fuel, so it may not do as well at higher mix rates. I run 20 to 30% WMO in my M818 but it's only in one tank and I don't switch to that tank until the engine is warmed up. I also switch back to straight diesel a couple of miles before I get home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks