• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil leak from tach sender

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I am leaking oil on the front of my ldt465C. As best I can tell it appears to be coming from the tach sender/adapter. Has anyone else encoutered this? The last time I drove it it put out enough oil to get on the belts and spray the bottom of the hood. DOn't know if it makes a difference, but prior to that drive it had been parked facing down a decent slope(site of the ever popular cab roll) for a couple of weeks.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a somewhat annoying 'high speed leak' in that area that went away once I figured out my engine had too much oil in it by what would have been one mark (2 quarts?) on the stick, and I drained some out. maybe the oil in your drained into the area and got spewed out?

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
BTW anyone have an extra sender/adapter (maybe off of a ventilated motor) in case this one comes out in pieces?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I'm assuming that this question is either for me or RDM since we collect ventilated motors. I did walk all the way across the yard to check and guess what? I've got one. let me know if you need it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks