• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

oil-leak, injectors, coolant

dutch-deuce

I posted my oil-leak last week, thank you all for the reply.

Think i find my oil leak !
After a good cleaning of the engine i took the deuce for a ride yesterday, after that i checked the engine. It looks like the oil-leak isn’t a oil-leak but a leaking injector the fuel finds his way between the engine-heads to the other side of the engine while mixing with the weeping-oil.

-There’s some kinda red-rubber between the injector and engine-head that seems to be out of it’s place

-Can the injector be rebuilt or must i just replace it with a new one ???

I did take some coolant out of the radiator and it is black ( put it in two months ago ) looks like exhaust-gas in it .
- Is that normal ???

I order a new gasket-set for the engine , have to chance some gaskets and maybe do the head-gasket as well.
-When i replace the head gasket is it a must to resurfaced the heads??

johnny

Attachments

derby

Does the coolant smell like gas? If not ,I would say that You need a good flush of the cooling system.My 812 coolant was black as coal, I must have run100 gal. through it before it ran clear. I would at least have the heads checked while you have them off.It is better to know if they are flat than find out later and do all the work over.also check all your hoses, some times they get mushy inside and can "color" your coolant.on that injector nozzle, check the fule line to it ,make shure it did not vibrate loose.also check your return lines, they can become brittle and crack.take a good look at the flame heater lines also.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your gonna redo the head gasket, get the heads machined.. Do it the right way. Flush all the old coolant.. The red rubber "hoses" are supposed to be there.. Replace them too while you have it all apart. It's also a good time to redo all the coolant hoses with new ones.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check your heads before resurfacing. Reading through the TM,s about cyl. head and resurfacing. If cyl. heads have been done before they will be stamped on front of head 1/2 inch from gasket surface with how much they took off. Max metal to be taken off 0.005 after that they call for new head.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks