• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil press gauge question, wiring

GFB

Truck came with a malfunctioning gauge, or sending unit, still troubleshooting. When I removed the plugs from the original gauge, I did not annotate which wire was on left (zero) side if looking at face, and which was right. I don't want to hurt the gauge. by hooking up 24v to the wrong terminal, which I what I assume wire 27 is. . Which side is 27 and which is signal wire (36)?

Thanks!

GFB

One plug and receptacle has matching rubber ribs.
I'm evidently not the first one to mess with it. The rubber receptacles on original gauge aren't there. Looks like the new replacement has ribbed receptacle on wire from sending unit (on right side if looking at the front). This appears to be the same case with other gauges based on the wiring labels. Signal wire from sending units go to the ribbed receptacle.

GFB

Got it hooked up now, with a supposedly good replacement 60 psi sender. Gauge is pegged at 60 psi during idle. Also Tried a newer style Clark Bros gauge and it reads 0 all the time with it , but I accidentally dropped that gauge on the concrete floor in my shop, so I guess there's a chance I broke it. . I'll probably just look for place to plug in a mechanical gauge to double check.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks