• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil pressure gage problem

Bugoutwhistler

I just got my m35a2 and I know it has oil pressure cause the seal went on the oil filter and it leaked bad . The gage does not work , I am limited what can wrench on , where should I start ? where is the oil pressure sender on the motor? I was going to test for juice at the back of the gage to start but if you guys have any ideas or tricks let me know . Thanks !

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may need a new gasket for the oil filter and the sending unit is on the right side at the back, low above the starter.
Looking at the TM's is a great way to learn about your truck. They are free to down load here on SS.

Bugoutwhistler

I did put a new gasket on the oil filter and changed the oil, the gage might be crap or a broken wire I don't know . Thanks for telling me where the sender is , I was lost in the tms for a while and didn't find it. Now I can test the wires and check the sender . Thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Complete diagnosis of the oil pressure gauge is covered in the -20TM. The whole gauge panel grounds through the 4 mount screws.

There are 60 and 120 psi gauges and senders.

How tight did you tighten your oil filter bolt? 60 ft/lbs comes to mind. It's in the -20TM also. More and it will break, less and it may leak. Do not spin the cans.