• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil pressure gage problem

Bugoutwhistler

I just got my m35a2 and I know it has oil pressure cause the seal went on the oil filter and it leaked bad . The gage does not work , I am limited what can wrench on , where should I start ? where is the oil pressure sender on the motor? I was going to test for juice at the back of the gage to start but if you guys have any ideas or tricks let me know . Thanks !

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may need a new gasket for the oil filter and the sending unit is on the right side at the back, low above the starter.
Looking at the TM's is a great way to learn about your truck. They are free to down load here on SS.

Bugoutwhistler

I did put a new gasket on the oil filter and changed the oil, the gage might be crap or a broken wire I don't know . Thanks for telling me where the sender is , I was lost in the tms for a while and didn't find it. Now I can test the wires and check the sender . Thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Complete diagnosis of the oil pressure gauge is covered in the -20TM. The whole gauge panel grounds through the 4 mount screws.

There are 60 and 120 psi gauges and senders.

How tight did you tighten your oil filter bolt? 60 ft/lbs comes to mind. It's in the -20TM also. More and it will break, less and it may leak. Do not spin the cans.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks