• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil pressure gauge and sending unit issues

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My old oil pressure gauge stopped working. Installed a new gauge and still nothing changed. I have 24v going through line 27 and 24v leaving the gauge to head to line 36 to the sending unit. Ran a new wire to the old sending unit and nothing changed. Installed a new sending unit now and the truck reads 50psi. When I Rev the engine the gauge bottoms out to 0 and then back to 50 psi. The gauge can't be wired up backwards and I have power coming to and from. Any thoughts on what's causing the issue? The gauge is grounded and still misbehaving. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MG2936

My old oil pressure gauge stopped working. Installed a new gauge and still nothing changed. I have 24v going through line 27 and 24v leaving the gauge to head to line 36 to the sending unit. Ran a new wire to the old sending unit and nothing changed. Installed a new sending unit now and the truck reads 50psi. When I Rev the engine the gauge bottoms out to 0 and then back to 50 psi. The gauge can't be wired up backwards and I have power coming to and from. Any thoughts on what's causing the issue? The gauge is grounded and still misbehaving. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I had the same problem on mine, after new gages and sending unit I found the ground wire in the harness was broken. ran a new ground wire and I was back in business.

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had the same problem on mine, after new gages and sending unit I found the ground wire in the harness was broken. ran a new ground wire and I was back in business.
I ran a separate ground wire from the gauge to the firewall and it's not working. Gauge is getting 24v. And 24v is leaving the gauge and the wire going from gauge to sender is new. Not sure what else could be wrong but the sender because none of the other gauges are malfunctioning. Just an odd situation. I ordered a mechanical gauge from autometer and it will fix the issue.

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How's the battle going?

After battling with it, I bought an autometer mechanical gauge and fixed it. Wired it up. Looks almost factory. Found out when cold the truck will idle cold at 55psi, under throttle not fully warm at about 80 and when work it runs at 60 under full throttle and idling when warm at 26 to 28 psi.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks