• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil pressure gauge

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The oil pressure gauge hasn't worked right on my m35a2 since I got it. When I start it the gauge will come up about a needle width off of zero and never get any higher or lower. It had the 60psi gauge in it when I got it so I thought maybe someone had instaled a 60 psi gauge to a 120psi sending unit. A friend of mine had some extra gauges so I got another 60psi gauge and a 120psi (both used). I put in the 120psi gauge and it would register about 100psi at idle. That seems way to high to me. I then installed the other 60psi gauge and it wouldn't even move. Could I have a sending unit problem? I have another sending unit I could try. Is there a way to tell the difference between a 60psi and a 120psi sending unit? I just want to make sure my oil pressure is ok so I don't burn my engine up.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
if you have the correct sending unit the gauge will 'read' near full scale cold. a 60 psi gauge will read correctly and a 120 will read 120 at 60 and 60 at 30. hope that makes sense to you. i (think) the sender is marked but it sounds like you have the right one and just have not found a good gauge yet.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok I think I get what you are saying. So when the 120psi gauge was reading 100 or so it was really around 50psi with a 60psi sending unit. Am I right? Is the 60psi gauge the only one that is correct for a m35a2?

ah1955

My oil pressure gauge worked when I first got my truck up and running after refilling all the fluids that had been drained.
Then and day the gauge just quit,as soon as power switch was turned on the gauge pegged and stayed there checked and cleaned the ground as per the PM no help ran a ground wire to gauge no help. Figured the gauge was truly bad or the sender was bad.
I didn't want to run the truck not seeing oil pressure so I got a macanical gauge for 120 PSI and ran copper tubing to it. Have good oil pressure reading that I know is right.
When I took the sender out I found it was a 120 PSI and the gauge was a 60 PSI so any readings were off anyway.
The replacement gauge I used is not a match to all the origanls but close enough.

houdel

My original electrical oil pressure gauge was constantly giving me problems. I'd pull the gauge panel out, clean all the connections, same at the sender, do all the diagnostics, put it all back together again. It would work fine for a month, a week, a day, or an hour, then screw up again. Repeat. Repeat. Again. And again. Finally, I said screw it! I bought a new air pressure gauge, installed it in place of the old oil pressure gauge and ran tubing from the sender tap in the block to the new gauge. Now my gauge works all the time, every time!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks