• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Pressure Gauge

1986Blazerk5

Im adding a oil pressure gauge tommorrow and i am planning on taking the sending unit out and replace with the sensor from the oil pressure gauge are they any problems with doing that besides that the oil light will not work, but will the sensor hit anything or mess with the vehicles performance. is there a way to hook up a electronic gauge using the exsisting sensor or should i go the other route with the mechanical

Thanks

Westech

CPL
A gauge mess with the performance? No there guy your safe. You can NOT use the OE switch to run a gauge, that is a on off switch it does not send any pressure signals. If you would like both the light and your new gauge to work go to the hardware store and make up a "T" fittings using brass fittings or there might be another place to tap in to the oiling system for your new gauge. Look around the oil filter adapter (oil cooler lines where they go in to the block) for a place to tap in for the gauge.
I would try to run both, you will see that big red light go on before anything else. Its nice to have both.

pinbill

I tee'd into the brass valve located on the drivers side top of the radiator using a mechanical gauge. There is a picture somewhere on this site you can find if you dig for it. It worked out nice for me, the fittings from the gauge hooked up right, and with the valve you can turn off the gauge if you need to. (although I don't know why you would)

Here is the thread:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/14547-m1008-gauges-2.html

Also if you want to add a temp sender the place to do it is in the next picture. I had trouble with the sender located in the block off plate in the rear of the motor. I got accurate results in the drivers side front of the block like in the picture. Also it was easier to get to.

Bill

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks