• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OK, another heater question

m38inmaine

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got my NOS M35 heater kit and I noticed two things.

1. No "HI-OFF-LOW plate for the switch, and not listed in the contents sheet.
2. The two brackets that bolt to the fender and frame to support the blower/core in the engine compartment on the left fender are not included or listed.

Are the two support brackets supplied on the truck or do I need to find them? Don't have the picture available but in the tm they are items 13 and 15.

Thanks!

westfolk

I think I still have the mounting plate you need. Doghead got one the other day, but I think I still have one. Only one of my trucks have the "Hi-Off-Low" plate. All the others are w/o it

FrankUSMC

Mark
Keep looking for the HI-OFF-LOW plate. If you do not find it, I will get you the one off my truck.
The kit did not come with the bracket that mounts the heater to the fender. That is one of the wierd things about this kit. Some one on this forum printed some thing about some one who makes them or has them.
One of the few, Frank
PS, if any one has a spare bracket that the heater mounts on that is off the truck, could I borrow it to make a copy for me and Mark......or for any one else who has a NOS heater kit

m38inmaine

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Frank, as you can guess the kit arrived today, thanks! Another anomoly in the deuce saga,I have contacted westfolk for the bracket, if you need a copy let me know. Thanks again Frank! :D

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The brackets didn't come with my kit either, but i bought a very satisfactory repro bracket kit from someone on the mil-veh list. I think it was about $40. Of note, not all holes always lined up between the core and the bracket plate, but it was not a problem to drill a couple more holes.haps there is more than one core style? in any case, maybe someone here knows who sells the bracket set.

As for the switch bracket, it should have come with the kit. No worries unless you are a stickler, it is real simple part.

m38inmaine

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The mounting plate was there, its the "etched" plate that I was talking about, like a data plate.

FrankUSMC

Red Devils dude
Every heater kit I have seen mounted in a M35A2 has been on the inner inside fender. Now, this was about 10 trucks I looked at and they were all multifuel. Do you have a photo of how one is mounted on the frame? Also, the trucks I looked at were all USMC trucks, so it could be other services mount them in a different spot?
One of the few, Frank

FrankUSMC

Mark,
I am glad you found the data plate/mounting plate. That kit was the only one I had that was still sealed up, I did not think any thing was missing.
On the mounting bracket, if you could send me the bracket, or draw it with the measurements, I could take it to work and have another one made. We have a shop that can make just about any thing.
Good luck on your M35A2.
One of the few, Frank USMC Ret.

JDToumanian

The reproduction heater mounting plate set is made by SS member John Tennis and is available from Spruce Mt. Surplus:

http://www.sprucemtsurplus.com/m35.html

It's identical to the mounting plates that were included in the heater kit for multifuels... I brought my mounting plates over to Walker's here in Hesperia and compared them to the plates in a deuce that came from the USMC with a heater and they matched perfectly.

Jon

houdel

My (stock, OEM) personnel heater is attached to the fender inner on the left hand side. If you look real close at my avatar, you can see the air inlet scoop just outboard of and slightly above the left hand headlight. Has anyone run across anything different?