• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ok, how do I add pictures?

rwelker

I thought I did the attachment thing correct, but my pictures are not posting. What is the proceedure? I've read the FAQ's and it seems I'm doing it as I should. Thanks, Rick

Hookin1

use the browse button at the bottom of the post screen to find your pic....then click add atachment...then check the top of the post after you click add atachment..make sure it doesn't say file to large...your pics might be too big

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
1. make sure images are no larger than 640 x 480
2. save image to computer (say desktop for now)
3. Make sure to click "post reply" on the thread you are trying to insert images in.
4. Under the box where you type text, you will see a place you can insert image. Click "browse", find the image you want. Double click image and then click "add attachment"
5. Repeat as neccessary, limit of 10 images per reply.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
little 640x480 pictures when you run 1600x1200 display is heck on the eyes, but it comes down to server storage space on SS I imagine. Not a complaint, only an observation. Considering the posts, the images take up alot of space, so the size is restricted.

mangus580

Re: RE: Ok, how do I add pictures?

OPCOM said:
little 640x480 pictures when you run 1600x1200 display is heck on the eyes, but it comes down to server storage space on SS I imagine. Not a complaint, only an observation. Considering the posts, the images take up alot of space, so the size is restricted.
Actually the size was chosen based off a 1024x768 screen, as I feel that is the most common setup. I run 1600x1200 on my desktop, but my laptop is only 1024x768 capable. I hate to make people scroll to see the pic.

poppop

RE: Re: RE: Ok, how do I add pictures?

For some reason my computor, when I select 640 by 480, it does 640 by 483 and will not post. I have to use the custon setting and choose 635 by 475 and then it will post. I have a new computer and it still does the same thing.

derby

RE: Re: RE: Ok, how do I add pictures?

Ok that worked,I have had trouble posting pics also.What I found is that I needed to change the file to a jpg file.just figured this out today, as I was sending pics to another member.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks