• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OKC CUCVs

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did anybody preview the CUCVs in OKC that ended today? I wound up with a M1009 and was curious if they were decent or not. Here's a picture of what I won.

Attachments

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry about that. It's that collusion thing and all :)

If you go out and check on yours could you let me know about this one?

StreetbikeDepot

Will do, I'll prob swing by there on Monday, I'll check yours out too and see what I missed out on :-D I'm trying to figure out where those pics where taken that doesn't look like the Tinker DRMO lot.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a nice one, might be a touch of rust under the front fender. Can't see anything obvious.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a nice one, might be a touch of rust under the front fender. Can't see anything obvious.
Yeh it's probably like the one I got from Anniston. Both inner fenders were rusted in the same spot and they just bolted a patch over it without fixing the rust so then the patch rusted out too. This one at least has a better paint job than the one I have.

Now I'm going to have at least one 1009 for sale in the near future if anyone is looking to buy:razz:

AllenEM

I got one 2 weeks ago for surplus in okc and it runs great (I have ever seen a diesel run so smooth) but I can get it to start with out jacking with it. and it needs a tailgate and rear window.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was pretty luck with the one I got from Anniston. It needed one battery but fired the first time after I switched it out. The only other mechanical issue was that someone had over-filled the tranny. I drained 2 quarts of fluid out before it got to "low" and the hook end of the tranny dipstick broke off from me checking it so much. Luckily a turbo 350 dipstick is the same as the 400 so now I'm sporting a chrome one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks