• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OKC SS Workday/Chow Run- April 25th

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The OKC Convoy Chapter of Steel Soldiers orders your presents at the 1st
Annual Oklahoma Military Vehicle Motorpool Work Day/Chow Run.

We we will rendezvous at Streetbike Depot in Tuttle, OK for a Show, Shine and
General Maintenance day.

Later in the day we will Convoy via State Highway 92 to Amber, OK, for chow
at Ken's Mess Hall (Ken's Steakhouse).

The Motorpool opens at 10:00hrs and the Chow run will be 16:30hrs. Early arrivals are welcome.

Bring you own supplies.

That is all.

Warthog out.

Last edited:

M1075

I can't make it due to scheduling conflicts, but I do have a deuce that needs new wheel cylinders, brake pads and the hubs repacked. What time do I need to have it dropped off by? :-D

StreetbikeDepot

We have a pool table at the shop so bring your pool cues if you don't like to use house sticks.

Welder and fab tools are there for anyone to use, so if you need anything fabbed up bring your material we can make it happen.

For those that have never ate at Kens Steak House, you will be missing out on some of Oklahoma's best steaks if you don't show up.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tic Toc, Tic Toc.

The 25th is fast approaching. See you at StreetBike Depot in Tuttle, OK.

Last edited:

Tackettr

Sorry, I can't make this one. :cry:

Warthog: Did you get my PM with attachments? Please give them a WARNORD about the insurance requirements for parades.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tomorrows the day. We have had some people get better offers.......:cry:

I think I will bring my new play toy.....

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the day was productive. We only had 4 people show up at Streetbike's place, himself included. (M813A1, Hoopsoft, Streetbike and Warthog).

I brought my new play toy. A kind of running '67 M715 that I traded for a couple of months ago. Finally had time to pick it up and start working on it.

After a few hours of checking compression, checking for spark, setting the points and Streetbike rebuilding the carb, she starts and drives.

Streetbike attemped to bleed the brakes. He had a little luck. He felt confident that she would make it around the block. We hooked up the fuel line to the Jerry can (tank is questionable) and off he went. See the attached testdrive

It was late in the afternoon and we where hungry so off we went to Ken's Steakhouse in Amber, OK. One of Oklahoma's top hole in the wall Steakjoints. That's Ken in the white clothes. Thanks for the great meal Ken

A great time was had by all. Thanks Streetbike for all of your help today.

Until next time,
Warthog

Attachments

M813A1

Had a Good Day with Warthog, StreetBikeDepot, and I getting Warthog's M715 running !! Chow was Terrific !! Thanks to Ken's Steakhouse Thanks Ken !!

StreetbikeDepot

Good times, good friends and good food, can't ask for a better day!

I had fun working on the M715, as Hoopsoft sarcastically said today "Its a diamond in a goats ass......too bad someone already took the diamond" :razz:

We should do this regularly (monthly maybe), next time we can drive on down to Chickasha and go to Jakes Rib.

hoopsoft

the speedo was taken on the way back from Ken's (its a 1009) so you know if you ever buy a truck from streetbike depot, (or anything for that matter) he "parts checks" all his equipment.

Sweet next month we line up the DA's and sand down the wrecker and get her ready for paint!!!!!!!!!! ok maybe not since I only showed up for the food part..

He's a wiz at the carbs thats for sure, don't matter what it goes it...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks