• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Old gasser 5 ton Wrecker for Sale

Craig C

Needs work but I know you Wrecker guys.........it's headed to scrap metal this month if no one buys it.............don't know what he wants for it. It has the operators chair at the base of the boom.......

Ask Marty at trucksandstuff@aol.com

Located in CA. Central Coast Area....Creston, CA

He also has a 50's decue gasser wrecker for sale.....see my post in the Deuce Forum......

Here's a photo.....cheap cell phones take terrible pictures.

I have no interest in this truck other than to try and save a piece of American history.....

Attachments

Craig C

No idea.......I just took a couple of pics to see if anyone was interested......didn't want it to go to scrap if anyone wanted it.

Was there picking up two sets of 900-16s to sell for him at MVCCs Tower Park this next week.

ida34

The one pics should be an M816 or 819. I could not see it well enough. I would say M816 since the operator does not have a cab. It is not a gasser unless he took out the cummins. I need those fenders.

madsam

What is he getting for it as scrap. I agree it is an 816. The air filter is on the drivers side. I might be interested in ti for scrap value if all the parts are there. 33k lbs at $220/ton for non virgin steel. (it has tires and glass and other things that are not steel. ) so about $3520.. I just got my wrecker working. it is a shame to scrap those if they work, or can work. It would cost me 2500 in fuel to go get it, assuming it roles. Hmm. Just thinking out loud. Of corce if he scrapped it it would cost him maybe 500 to get it towed, unless he has a wrecker. I would love to see the back of the truck to see how much of the boom is there.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like he's got a bunch of other military stuff as well, judging from the pics of the items around it. It's a shame to see a lot of this stuff getting melted down, but such is the price of a global market, and a weak dollar.

madsam

I put this in the other thread.
It is interesting. If you buy the whole truck, you have to get an EUC to make sure it is not used against the USA. But if you sell as scrap there is no EUC, and as you say, it can be used on the USA in war... Hmm.. Sompthin ait right.

Craig C

Wrecker Owner

Just talked to him......just got home.......hasn't had time to check his email.

If anyone wants it.......you've gotta commit to it, he doesn't mess around or hang around for someone to come look etc......as he says, put your money where your mouth is....it's your money or the scrap pile, he doesn't much care which.

He has an extension for one as well..............it is an AV (Addison-Wession) boom...or however it's spelled.

He gets $425 a metric ton (2240lbs) and includes tires and all. That is abt .23 cents a pound for a US ton.

Crash_AF

RE: Wrecker Owner

I'm fairly certain it's an 816... Is anyone contacting him about it?

At his quoted price, it would be $6830 for the wrecker at 36k lbs

Later,
Joe

Craig C

Pretty Much Complete

He said the engine had some issues, missing parts when he got it.........was gonna work on it but never has........the crane boom is complete.

He also has an 1952 M37 for sale and other stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks