• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Old IP, new injector runs rough?

welpro222

Hey guys, I installed new bosch (india) injectors, and it seems to idle rough and smoke alittle, above idle its fine. Before it was fine and no smoke. I was reading somewhere that new injectors can have higher pop pressures and can retard the timing. What do you guys think, anybody experience this problem?

Iceman3005

Get the IP rebuilt or get a new one, we probably also have a week IP and the new injectors are showing that. Or loosen the IP and rotate it, see if it clears the smoke up and stops the rough idle.

cucvrus

OK this is a question. I never replaced a set of nozzles in any of the CUCV's I had over the years. I put 1 or 2 injectors in because they leaked. But I never had any need to replace the delivery nozzles. I did many injection pumps. Also this is a question. Are they injectors or delivery nozzles only? I will look in my GM book again. But I was told that they were not injectors. I don't know and I value the man that told me that as a reputable guy. The injection pump always seemed to be the root to all poor running that I ever had to repair on the CUCV. Pretty easy and straight forward. And now days an inexpensive repair.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks