• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Old topic-new question

houdel

Well, my airpack has a one piece drawn body and rear, no drain plug. The only part bolted together is the front end. I have a yellow sticker on my glovebox door which states "Notice - This Vehicle Equipped With The Latest TARCOM Approved Airpak Assy". Of course, it was rebuilt at Tooele in 1989, who knows when the airpack was changed. The illustration in TM 9-2320-361-34P shows a bolt on REAR cover, the publication date is July 1993. I'd guess mine is the newer one.

Boatcarpenter

Thanks Lee,
Kinda what I thought, but wasn't sure. Am having trouble with my brake light switch leaking and also I think I am getting brake fluid on the wrong side of the plunger so I got a new airpack like the one you describe for $125.00 from a friend to install.

Boatcarpenter

Does anyone have a TM lead that shows a picture of the newer style airpack installed? I think to do the swap some additional parts may be needed, such as a support for the back end, etc.
Thanks,
BC

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nope, the stud that comes out of the back on the short unit is the correct length. Just put on on my 53 Sutde.

houdel

Unfortunately, both the -209 and -361 series manuals illustrate the airpack with the rear bolted cover. My airpack has the front bolted cover, no lube fitting, and does have a bracket riveted to the frame to support the rear of the airpack. Oops, see a little fluid leakage there, I just filled my M/C, hope I didn't overdo it. I'd better check it out!

Attachments

Crazyguyla

Re: RE: Old topic-new question

Boatcarpenter said:
Does anyone have a TM lead that shows a picture of the newer style airpack installed? I think to do the swap some additional parts may be needed, such as a support for the back end, etc.
Thanks,
BC
I think the M35A3 TM has pictures of the new style airpack. Both airpacks hook up the same if my memory serves me right.

houdel

RE: Re: RE: Old topic-new question

If you need more pics of the air line routing, let me know. The battery in my digital camera died right after taking the picture I posted. I recharged the battery, let me know of any specific pics you need and I'll do my best to get what you need post them.

Boatcarpenter

Lee, I had a brief chance to pop under the truck with the new airpack and it looks as though it should plumb up no problem. Thanks for the offer of more pics but I think I don't need any right now. But as you well know, things arn't always as they seem, sooo I'll let you know if I need some!!
BC

Boatcarpenter

In conjunction with this thread, does anyone have a civvie brake light switch application that will work on the hydraulic side of the system? The reason that I ask is that my switch is the "dead short" in my lighting circuit.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

If you find a civvie version, make sure it can handle the pressure.
The deuce brake line pressure is close to 2,000 psi and the rating
of the switch should probably be twice that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks