• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

older generator magneto

flobble

I picked up a generator today at an auction. It's a 5KW with a continental Y69 water cooled 4cyl engine. Unfortunately I can't find a tag with an M- number on it, only FSN-6115-628-1243. The engine is missing the Mag, and I was hoping someone might know what model and make of magneto it uses. I'm thinking it's a Fairbanks/Morse FM, but would appreciate it if anyone can verify this for me. Thanks!

Paul

flobble

Same genset. The only manual I could find for it was the parts listing. As to the mag, I modified one of the later ones, milled a slot where the threaded mounting hole should be. It should work fine. The engine is a common Y69 Continental, so it shouldn't be too hard to get the engine manuals, the generator head may be a different story. Let me know how you make out.