• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oldest MV seen on GL?

Isaac-1

I was browsing GL auctions within reasonable driving distance and ran across a 1947 truck (looks much newer, so I am not sure, but build date does look like 47), the description even said had batteries, starts and runs, which started me thinking, what is the oldest intact MV you have seen on GL (not counting rusted out frames, etc.)? For trucks this one holds the record that I have seen, but I did see some trailers from the mid 1920's listed last year, those were in rough shape though as you could see lots of daylight through the wood floors, etc.

Ike

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That truck is most likely a 1970.

The inspector info has 47 stamped at the end. Most likely, the GL rep mistakenly assumed that was the year.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks