• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Olympic Flight Museum Military Show March 8, 2014

Amer-team

OFM will be hosting their Spring Military show and display on March 8. Military vehicles are welcome, please chime in to this thread or send me a note so I can make arrangements with them for us. They will let us use their main parking lot for MV's and you will have free access to the show.

There will be historical displays and things for sale too.

More to come as this event gets closer. P

REDROCKET

I'll be there in Russian garb as always! I hope to set up where I did last year ... outside on that little batch of grass by the entrance.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to try to be there with the M-42 (I'm working on getting all the M-42 canvas installed on the M-37). It's a bit of a drive (90 miles one way) but my son and I will attempt it.

No uniform yet, but hopefully the truck will look O.K.

Storm 51

Amer-team

I will let Teri from the Museum know. I want to take my new M923 and I think the first Sgt. will want to take his too, unless he wants to take the CCKW to put it up for sale. He is still conflicted on that.

Amer-team

Time to get this back on the radar. It is next Saturday. So far we have 4 vehicles declared to be there. Bring your rig and put it on display. They are saving the front parking lot for us and you get free admission for bringing your rig. They want us to stay out of the parking lot till about 0900 or 0930 to allow inside vendors to get in and unload. Send a note or call me if you have any questions. So far we have a 923, 923A1, M37, and a Ural motorcycle. Peter 360 870 0706

Amer-team

The show went well. We had 4 vehicles in attendance, despite the terrible wet weather. I think we need to come up with an award for perserverance for Redrocket and her Ural. I am pretty sure that I passed Noah on the way home and she had to make her ride with no cab.
There was a Ural, M923, M923A1, CUCV Contact maintenance truck. Desert tan won the day with three of the vehicles in that color and one woodland camo.
We had Redrocket, Wrecker Ray, Amer-Team, 1st Sgt.(not sure what his name is on here) and cameos by Ft. Powell and Jets1959. It was one of those days where it was really nice to be inside a heated hanger. They will have another event in October, will keep you posted.
Thank you to those that were able to bring vehicles to help support the Museum.

REDROCKET

here we go again.jpg
Here's pretty much the only photo I got on Saturday. This was before the down pour.

And yesh ... the drive home was crazy go nuts!! Foggy goggles w/water inside of them and I was soaked (I think my great coat is still damp). If it wasn't for the white lines on the road ... I probably would have camped under and overpass. GOOD TIMES! Glad I was able to make it and glad the museum was able to put these events on.

Amer-team

Thank you for the picture. I thought I got one too, but apparently got scared off from the rain and did not. Did take a couple pictures inside, where it was dry, but was pretty busy talking with folks about the display. does that top make my truck look fat?