• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ONAN DN2-M LPW2 Flywheel

rbogdan

I need a new flywheel for my Onan. I don't have one that can be refurbished. Has anyone matched anything from a tractor or other application that would work with this setup? It seems like OEM ONAN DN2-M LPW2 flywheels are very hard to find or if you do they cost $500 + . I've tried to find specs on flywheels for various engines and tractors but specs are all but nonexistent.

Any help or recommendations are welcome.

dependable

Is this an MEP-802a, or some other Onan application? I have wondered if the was a civilian equivalent to the 802.

The 802s have a LPW2 motor. A lot have been surplussed lately, someone must be parting one out. According to the Parts TM (available on this site) the part number for the 802 flywheel 104-1754 (probably the same as a 803 with the LPW4).

rbogdan

Yes this is a MEP-802a. I will look into the part number you provided (thank you) and the 803. I agree that it seems there are a lot of these showing up recently and I also read that the flywheels typically stay with the generator and not the motor - a little confusing to me since it is specific to the motor.

Thanks for your help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks